Prep: 10 mins Cook: 15 mins Portion: Serves 2
This is a warm and nutritious recipe for breakfast. Oats are whole grains that are high in soluble fibre and can help to lower bad cholesterol in the body. The added lean protein in this meal boost immunity and prevent muscle loss.
- 6 tbsp of rolled oats
- 600ml of water / chicken stock
- 150g of minced chicken
- 1 egg
- ½ tbsp of light soya sauce
- A few drops of sesame oil
- Pepper, to taste
- Chopped coriander or spring onion (optional)
- Marinates the minced chicken with light soya sauce, sesame oil and pepper
- Place water / stock in a saucepan and bring it to a boil. Add oatmeal and marinated meat.
- Lower heat and simmer for 10 mins. Switch off heat and stir in the egg.
- Add chopped coriander or spring onion if you like.