Improve productivity and mental performance
Did you know that more physical activity can improve your performance at work?
Moving more affects job performance in many ways:
- Better attention and concentration
- Improved memory
- More creativity
- Increased productivity and work efficiency
- Better time management
- Improved mood and energy levels
- Better stress management
- Improved mental health
And the best thing? We don’t need long, intense workouts to get these mental performance benefits. Shorter, moderate intensity physical activity, sport or exercise that you enjoy is the best choice.
MORE ABOUT DAILY HABIT #1: “I will use the stairs instead of the escalator or lift”
This is an easy way to sneak in physical activity throughout the day. It also lets you use the city environment to improve your health - no special appointments required!
How do I build this habit?
- Identify all the escalators and lifts you use during a regular day at your home and office
- Locate the stairways that accompany these escalators and lifts. (They’re usually beside the lift, or around the corner, but sometimes they’re a bit of a walk away. So make sure you take a good look around!)
- Commit to using those stairs instead of the lift/escalator every time.
How do I measure my success?
Monitor: Make a note throughout the day if you took the escalator or lift by mistake. Say on the way back from lunch you accidentally ride the escalator or lift up to the office.
Once you get to the top, you realize your mistake.
No big deal, just go back down and then back up using the stairs.