Prep: 10 mins Cook: 20 mins Portion: Serves 4
Pumpkins are a great source of vitamins A and C, iron and magnesium. Adding tofu to this dish boosts protein content, yet lends the soup a thick, silky texture - the secret to creamy pumpkin soup, without the cream!
- 750 - 900g of pumpkin, peeled and chopped
- 4 cloves of garlic, peeled and crushed
- 1 large white onion, peeled and roughly chopped
- 1 block, silken tofu (~300g)
- 1.5L stock, vegetable or chicken
- 3 tbsp of olive oil
- Salt and pepper, to season
- Add olive oil to a large pot over medium heat. Stir fry garlic and onion for about 5 mins or till soft and fragrant.
- Add steamed pumpkin and cover with stock. Leave it to simmer over medium heat, for 15 - 20 mins, or till well cooked and soft.
- Add silken tofu and cook for 2 - 3 mins.
- Add soup to a blender and blend till smooth. Season with salt and pepper. Serve and enjoy!