Purpose: Assess hand-eye coordination
Items Needed: Small ball, stopwatch, smooth solid wall and a partner to time the assessment.
How to do the test?
- Stand 1m away from a wall with a tennis ball on preferred hand.
- Start the timer and throw the tennis ball with an underarm toss against the wall and attempt to catch with the opposite hand.
- The ball is then thrown back against the wall and caught with the initial hand
- Record the total number of successful attempts in 30 seconds.
Take the test and see how you fare! Fill up the form below to get your results.
Tips from Active Health Coach
Incorporate these exercises in your daily routine to improve your shoulder mobility and flexibility.
2 Ball Juggles: 3 sets of 30 seconds
You will require 2 small ball for the exercise.
- Stand upright with each hand holding a small ball.
- Toss the ball on your right hand up into the sky and catch it with your left while tossing the ball on your right hand horizontally to your right hand.
- Practice for a few trial and ensure the ball movement is similar to a circular motion.
Rope Skipping : 3 sets of 30 seconds
Perform the movement is a clear and wide space.
- Ensure that skipping rope length is suitable for you.
- Standing straight and tall, place dominant feet on the middle of the rope with your hands holding the handles.
- Swinging the rope from your back to your front, perform a skip.
- Once comfortable, perform consecutive skips.
Looking for more tips and recommendations to better your fitness and health? Join our e-Workshops that cover an array of topics such as physical activity, nutrition and sleep.